Archive for March 2017
Kremenets is a town with a population of about 20 thousand people located in the Ternopil region. Here you can find more than 50 historical and cultural monuments: ruins of the castle, ensembles of the monastery and collegium, Epiphany and Nikolaev cathedrals, residential buildings.
Cathedral of St. Nicholas in Baroque style was originally built as a church of the Franciscan monastery in 1631. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
Tags: Kremenets city
Pishkonya, a mountain range in the Ukrainian Carpathians, is located in the southeastern part of Mizhhiria district of the Zakarpattia region, within the National Park “Synevyr”.
The highest peaks are Nehrovets (1,707 m), Yasnovets (1,600 m), Darvayka (1,501 m). The most convenient ways to climb the range begin in the villages of Synevyr and Kolochava. Pishkonya on Google Maps. Photos by: Alexey Medvedev.
Tags: Zakarpattia oblast
The main and only attraction of the village is a beautiful castle-palace built in the style of English neo-Gothic by the landlord A. Chosnovsky in the middle of the 19th century.
The most famous landmark of the town is the Ostroh Castle standing on a hilltop. The castle was built on the site of the wooden fortifications of the times of Kievan Rus, destroyed by the Mongols in 1241. Ostroh on Google Maps. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
Khotyn, located in the present Chernivtsi region, is one of the most ancient towns of Ukraine. It was founded as a border fortress in the beginning of the 11th century.
Built near an important crossing on the Middle Dniester, the town quickly developed and became an important defense and trade center of this territory. Photos by: neo7777vitaha.
Kozyari is a village with a population of about 200 people located in Podvolochisky district of the Ternopil region. The main attraction of the village is a magnificent wooden church of St. Dmitry built in 1645.
Budaniv is a village with a population of about 1,500 people located in Terebovlya district of the Ternopil region.
The main attraction of the village is a stone castle built in the early 17th century on the site of the burnt wooden castle.
In the early 20th century, Polish landowner Timelman (or Kimelman) built a manor house resembling a small palace in this village. The building was constructed in the Romantic style with Baroque elements. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
Tags: Ternopil oblast