Castles of Ukraine in the Polish artist’s watercolors
The following watercolors were included in the fourth album of the artist Zbigniew Szczepanek “Zamki na Kresach”. It shows the 59 most famous fortresses in Kresach (the Polish name of the territory of present Western Ukraine).
About 40% of the objects show the author’s reconstruction, the remaining 60% – show the current state of the monuments. The images of some fortifications were reconstructed for the first time and thus can be considered a kind of unique.
Berezhany Castle in Berezhany, the Ternopil region.
Vyshnivetsky Castle in Vyshnivets, the Ternopil region.
Halych Castle in Halych, the Ivano-Frankivsk region.
Dubno Castle in Dubno, the Rivne region.
Lubart’s Castle in Lutsk.
Stare Selo Castle in Stare Selo, the Lviv region.
Zolotyi Potik Castle in Zolotyi Potik, the Ternopil region.
Zolochiv Castle in Zolochiv, the Ternopil region.
Kamianets-Podilskyi Castle in Kamianets-Podilskyi.
Klevan Castle in the Rivne region.
Korets Castle in Korets, the Rivne region.
Kremenets Castle in Kremenets.
Medzhybizh Fortress in Medzhybizh, the Khmelnytskyi region.
Olyka Castle in Olyka, the Volyn region.
Pnіvsky Castle in Pniv, the Ivano-Frankivsk region.
Terebovlya Castle in Terebovlya, the Ternopil region.
Khotyn Fortress in Khotyn, the Chernivtsi region.
Chornokozyntsі Castle in Chornokozyntsі, the Khmelnytskyi region.
Chortkiv Castle in Chortkiv, the Ternopil region.
Zhvanets Castle in Zhvanets, the Khmelnytskyi region.