CAT | Regions
Ivane-Puste is a village with a population of about 2,000 people located in Borshchiv district in the south of the Ternopil region. The wooden church of St. John the Apostle, built in 1775, is a work of the Podolia school of folk architecture.
Trybukhivtsi is a large village with a population of about 4,000 people located in Buchach district of the Ternopil region. The main and in fact the only attraction of the village is the stone Catholic Church of the Relentless Help of Our Lady built in 1904-1923.
Dilove is a village with a population of about 2,500 people located in the Rakhiv district of the Zakarpattia region, 190 km from Uzhhorod and 140 km from Ivano-Frankivsk, 50 km from the border with Romania.
The main attraction of the village is the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin (1750) – a unique monument of folk wooden architecture and a true national cultural treasure. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
It was the key element of the non-preserved palace and park ensemble of Count Mikhail Vorontsov. The author of the project was the Italian architect Giorgio Torricelli, who was the city architect of Odessa. Moshny on Google Maps. Photos by: v1snyk.
The main and only attraction of the village is a beautiful castle-palace built in the style of English neo-Gothic by the landlord A. Chosnovsky in the middle of the 19th century.
The most famous landmark of the town is the Ostroh Castle standing on a hilltop. The castle was built on the site of the wooden fortifications of the times of Kievan Rus, destroyed by the Mongols in 1241. Ostroh on Google Maps. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
Khotyn, located in the present Chernivtsi region, is one of the most ancient towns of Ukraine. It was founded as a border fortress in the beginning of the 11th century.
Built near an important crossing on the Middle Dniester, the town quickly developed and became an important defense and trade center of this territory. Photos by: neo7777vitaha.
Kozyari is a village with a population of about 200 people located in Podvolochisky district of the Ternopil region. The main attraction of the village is a magnificent wooden church of St. Dmitry built in 1645.
Budaniv is a village with a population of about 1,500 people located in Terebovlya district of the Ternopil region.
The main attraction of the village is a stone castle built in the early 17th century on the site of the burnt wooden castle.
In the early 20th century, Polish landowner Timelman (or Kimelman) built a manor house resembling a small palace in this village. The building was constructed in the Romantic style with Baroque elements. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
Tags: Ternopil oblast