Odessa, located on the Black Sea coast, is the third largest city in Ukraine with a population of about 1 million people.
It is the largest commercial sea port of the country and a popular place for spa treatment, beach holidays and cruise tourism.
Tags: Odessa city
The fortress in Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi (known as Akkerman fortress until 1944) is one of the best preserved in Ukraine monuments of history and defensive architecture of the 13th-15th centuries, the largest fortress in Eastern Europe.
The total area of the fortress is about 9 hectares. It stands on the rocky shore of the Dniester estuary and has the form of an irregular polygon. Photos by: Taras Kashchak.
Murafa is a village with a population of about 2,700 people located in Shargorod district of the Vinnytsia region.
The main attraction of the village is the Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary founded by the monks Dominicans in 1624.
Pidhirtsi Castle, a well-preserved Renaissance palace surrounded by fortifications, is located in the east of the Lviv region in the village of Pidhirtsi.
Roman Catholic Church of the Exaltation and St. Joseph in the Baroque style was built near the palace in 1752-1766. From the church to the castle there is a 300-meter linden alley. Pidhirtsi on Google Maps. Pictures from the video by vnebo.com.ua
August 27-28, 2016, Ukrainian Aviation Day was celebrated at the airfield “Korotych” located near Kharkiv.
Two days in a row the best pilots of Ukraine showed their skills. You could see more than 10 types of small aircraft (Yak-52, Yak-18T, HAZ-30, AN-2, Su-31, AN-28, Po-2), as well as a helicopter Alouette and the only Ukrainian pair of aerobatic helicopters MI-2.
Tags: Kharkov city
Truskavets is a town and spa resort located in the Lviv region, in the foothills of the Ukrainian Carpathians, 93 km southwest of Lviv. It is one of the oldest spa resorts in the world (since 1827) that became famous for its mineral springs and rehabilitation centers.
Today, there is a number of sanatoriums, clinics, baths, and small private guest houses in the town. Photos by: neo7777vitaha.
Tags: Truskavets city
Pylypets is a village with a population of 1.4 thousand people located in Mizhgirya district of the Zakarpattia region, about 120 km east of Uzhhorod. First of all this place is known as a ski resort.
However, the village has some other attractions. Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, built of spruce boards presumably in 1759-1762, is one of them.
Berdychiv is a historic city located in the Zhytomyr region, 43 km south of Zhytomyr. The main attraction of the city is the Monastery of the Discalced Carmelites – a majestic architectural complex with defensive walls, towers and a Catholic church in the Baroque style.
Originally it was a castle of the Tyszkiewicz family who owned this land since the 14th century. In 1630, the governor J. Tyszkiewicz gave the castle to the Catholic Order of Discalced Carmelites after his miraculous rescue from the Tatar captivity. Construction of the monastery lasted from 1634 to 1642. Photos by: camrador.
Turylche, a village with a population of about 800 people located in Borshchiv district of the Ternopil region, is known for its beautiful and majestic Roman Catholic cathedral, built in 1871 and abandoned during the Second World War.
Today, the Roman Catholic Church of St. John Nepomuk, also known as Peter and Paul Church, is not in the best condition, but the local Greek-Catholic community intends to restore it. Turylche on Google Maps. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
Church of St. Nicholas, built in the 17th century, is the main attraction of the village of Chornoholova located in Velykobereznyansky district of the Zakarpattia region.