Wonderful Ukrainian folk song from the collection of Ukrainian wedding songs “Wedding in the Carpathians”. Happy husband sings about his beautiful wife.
Tags: No tags
Holy Dormition Pochaev Lavra is an Orthodox monastery in Pochaev (Ternopil oblast). It is the largest Orthodox shrine in Volhynia and second, after the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, monastery in Ukraine. The photos were taken by pauchok-anansis.
Livadia is a small settlement located about 3 km from Yalta (Republic of Crimea). The main attraction of the place is Livadia Palace – the summer residence of the Russian emperors (the Russian Empire times). The video was shot by Oleg Platonov in March 2011.
Tags: Yalta city
Kamenets Podolskiy is one of the oldest cities in Ukraine. There are about 200 monuments of 11th-19th centuries in the city. The main attraction of Kamenets Podolskiy is an old fortress.
The church of the Intercession of the Virgin is one of the most important monuments of neo-Russian style located in the territory of Ukraine in Kiev oblast.
The church was designed by the largest master of this style Vladimir Alexandrovich Pokrovsky. The temple in Parkhomovka was his debut as an independent architect.
Odessa city standing on Black Sea coast is often called the “Pearl of the South”. And here are several nice pictures of the city taken about one century ago.
Tags: Odessa city
From April 30 to May 3, 2011 Ukrainian town of Khotyn (Chernovtsy oblast) was the home of the second international festival of historical reconstruction of the Middle Ages under the title “Battle of the Nations”.
Tags: Chernovtsy oblast
One of the main attractions of Chernivtsi city is St. Nicholas Church with the original “twisted” domes built in 1939. The architecture of the church reproduces the Romanian national style neorominesk. The prototype of the original design was the architecture of the church in Curtea de Arges.
The church is also called “Drunk church” because of its “twisted” domes, about which there are numerous legends. Address: Chernivtsi, Russkaya Str., 35. The photos were captured by av_otus.
The National Museum of the History of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 opened May 9, 1981 is a memorial complex, located on the picturesque slopes of the right bank of the Dnieper River on the outskirts of Pechersk, one of the historic districts of Kiev city.
Wonderful video about one mighty Ukrainian dog :)
Tags: No tags