TAG | Zakarpattia oblast
Wiki Loves Earth is an annual international photo contest of the natural monuments and here are the best photos of the natural attractions of Ukraine taken in 2016.
The wooden Greek-Catholic church of the Descent of the Holy Spirit is an architectural monument of the 18th century located in the village of Kolochava in Mizhgirya district of the Zakarpattia region.
The church in Baroque style was built of spruce boards by the master Ferenc Tekke in 1795. Since 1953, this beautiful building was used as a museum of atheism. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
The Ukrainian Carpathians, located in the west of Ukraine mainly in the Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk, Zakarpattia, and Chernivtsi regions, are beautiful at any time of the year! One foggy morning in September. Photos by: Maxim Weise.
Pylypets is a village with a population of 1.4 thousand people located in Mizhgirya district of the Zakarpattia region, about 120 km east of Uzhhorod. First of all this place is known as a ski resort.
However, the village has some other attractions. Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, built of spruce boards presumably in 1759-1762, is one of them.
Church of St. Nicholas, built in the 17th century, is the main attraction of the village of Chornoholova located in Velykobereznyansky district of the Zakarpattia region.
Chornohora is the highest mountain system in Ukraine. Only here you can find mountain peaks about 2 km high. This mountain range is known for its preserved mountain ecosystems and virgin forests. The area is part of the Carpathian reserve and Carpathian national park. Photos by: levk_777.
Church of St. Nicholas (1470) in the village of Kolodne in Tyachiv district of the Zakarpattia region is the oldest monument of wooden church building in Ukraine.
The church stands on a small hill in the village center, near the intersection of the main street and a mountain stream.
The main attraction of Vyshka village, located in Velykyi Bereznyi district of the Zakarpattia region, is an old wooden church of the Archangel Michael.
This church, an architectural monument of national importance, was built approximately in 1700. At the end of the 20th century, the roof of the church was covered with iron plates, which greatly changed its original appearance. Vyshka village on Google Maps. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
The main attraction of the village is the wooden Gothic Church of the Archangel Michael built in 1668. This is one of the oldest churches in the area and one of the most original places of worship in the region.
Svalyava is a small town with a population of about 17 thousand people located in the center of the Zakarpattia region, in a picturesque valley surrounded by mountains.
One of the main attractions of the town is St. Michael Church (1759), situated on the southern outskirts. This is one of the most perfect churches of Transcarpathia and a beautiful example of Lemko folk architecture.