Lviv (Lvov) is a city and administrative center of Lviv region of Ukraine located on the picturesque Roztochchya Upland on the Poltva River.
Population - 729,000 (2014).
Area code - +380 32; postal code - 79000.
The capital city of Lviv oblast.
Lviv (Lvov) is a city and administrative center of Lviv region of Ukraine located on the picturesque Roztochchya Upland on the Poltva River.
Population - 729,000 (2014).
Area code - +380 32; postal code - 79000.
Lviv was founded in the mid-13th century by Prince Daniel Romanovich of Galicia. He built a castle on a hill which is called the Hill of the High Castle now.
The settlement was first mentioned in the ancient Russian manuscripts in 1256. The town was historically the main center of Galicia, a region divided between Ukraine and Poland today.
Lviv dominant position on trade routes from East to West and passes across the Carpathians was the reason of its stormy history. Polish King Kazimir’s III troops invaded the town in 1340, but local people banished the invaders.
Poland control was established in 1349. In 1356, the Magdeburg Law was adopted in the town. In 1370-1387, it was ruled by Hungary. The town was seized by the Cossacks in 1648 and the Swedes in 1704.
Lviv was given to Austria on the first partition of Poland in 1772 and, after the fall of Austro-Hungary in 1918, the city was ruled by Ukrainians who proclaimed the short-lived “The Western Ukrainian People’s Republic”. But the Poles drove Ukrainian troops out and regained control.
The city was joined to the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic together with other regions of present western Ukraine in 1939. During the German occupation, over 200,000 people were killed in concentration camps.
Fortunately, most of the historical monuments, churches and buildings survived, because the battle for the city took place in the southern part of Lviv.
After the war, most of the Polish population left the city and moved to Poland, mainly to its western part, to former German lands (a lot of people moved to Wroclaw).
After the World War II, the national composition of Lviv changed as traditional ethnic groups (the Poles, the Jews and the Germans) were taken away or killed. Polish language and its regional variant were of no use any more.
Soviet authorities began to suppress Ukrainian national movement. At the same time, the Ukrainian Greek Catholic church was abolished and turned into the Russian Orthodox church. After Stalin’s death, Soviet policy became more tolerant and Lviv remained an important center of Ukrainian culture.
In 1998, the historical center of the city and St. Yur cathedral were included in the list of UNESCO world heritage. In June 2001, Lviv was visited by John Paul II.
Lviv is a major publishing and cultural center, especially of Ukrainian culture. The university, founded in 1661 and named after the Ukrainian poet and journalist Ivan Franko, is one of the institutions of higher education in the city.
Local architecture reflects a lot of European styles corresponding to different historical epochs.
After fires of 1527 and 1556, there are almost no traces of gothic Lviv, but the following epochs are well presented: Renaissance, Baroque, Classicism.
The historical center has a lot of architectural monuments of the 14th-17th centuries.
The City Day - a celebration of Lviv foundation. 1256 is considered the date of foundation (the first record refers to this year). It is celebrated on the first Saturday in May.
The Flag Day (April 3). April 3, 1990, Ukrainian flag was raised over the town hall of Lviv. It was the first city in Ukraine which did it.
The Market Square. The architectural ensemble of the main shopping area began to take shape in the 14th century on the model of European medieval cities. The square is surrounded by 44 houses built at different times and in several styles (Renaissance, Baroque, and Empire).
Some elements of Gothic architecture of the 15th-16th centuries are preserved in the basements and ground floors of many houses. Museums, shops and cafes can be found there.
The Town Hall building, standing in the center of the square, is a symbol of the city. There is a Tourist Information Center on the ground floor selling maps and guidebooks.
Also, people working there can answer your questions. The square is almost always full of tourists, especially during festivals and holidays.
The Town Hall. One of the most recognizable symbols of Lviv. The main entrance is guarded by two sculptures of lions holding shields with the arms of the city.
The first wooden building of the town hall was constructed in 1381 and later it was reconstructed several times. Present building of the town hall was constructed in the early 19th century.
Since 1939, the building houses the city council. Guided tours of the building with a visit to the clock tower are available. From the observation deck of the tower (408 steps), you can see the best panorama of Lviv.
Recently, an old tradition has been renewed - everyday at noon, the hymn of the city is sounding from the tower. On weekends, the trumpeter blows every two hours from 9 am to 9 pm. Market Square, 1. Opening hours: 9:00-17:00 (Saturday, Sunday - 11:00-19:00), day off - Monday.
The Opera House. It is considered one of the most beautiful theaters in Europe along with Odessa and Vienna Operas. The facade is decorated with sculpted figures of “Life” and “Art”, statues of “Glory”, “Victory”, and “Love”. The theater was designed so that the lobby, hallways and stairs were illuminated by natural light.
One of the most beautiful interiors is a mirrored hall decorated with paintings depicting symbolic change of the seasons.
On the first floor, the private suite of the Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph with a bathroom and exit to the Imperial (now - the President’s) box remained intact. Liberty Avenue, 28.
The High Castle. The Castle (Prince) hill (413 meters) is located in the central part of the city. On the top of the hill, a fortified residence of Prince Danilo Galitsky was built in the 13th century. It was named the High Castle, in contrast to the other - the Lower Castle (Citadel). Originally, the fortress was built of wood, with earthen ramparts.
In 1362, the fortress was rebuilt in stone by Polish King Casimir who conquered the Galicia. In the 19th century, the castle was almost completely dismantled. The park “the High Castle” and an observation point offering beautiful views of Lviv were arranged on its place. The fragment of the southern wall with loopholes survived. A long staircase leads to the top of the hill. High Castle (Vysokiy Zamok) Street.
Glinyanskiye Gate. The most preserved part of the medieval Lviv fortifications. The gateway, built in the style of the late Renaissance in the early 17th century, is a part of the fortification complex of Bernardine monastery. Its defensive moat was restored during the renovation of 1976-1977. Valovaya Street, 20.
The Citadel. This complex of Austrian times fortifications, constructed in the 19th century, remained almost unchanged. It was built on the south-western outskirts of the city.
Fortification works were started here by the Poles in 1635. Austrians reconstructed and expanded the fortification in 1852-1854. The complex didn’t play a significant role during the world wars and was perfectly preserved. Grabowski Street.
The Cathedral (Latin) church. It is the main shrine of the Roman Catholic Church in the city. It was being built and rebuilt for 400 years. The first stone was laid by Polish King Casimir the Great in 1360. After the restoration made in 1760-1778, Gothic forms of the cathedral were transformed into Baroque.
In the east wall, you can find several cannonballs, reminiscent of the Turkish siege of 1672, as well as the shell left over from the Ukrainian-Polish war of 1918-1919.
Until the end of the 18th century, the area around the church was occupied by the cemetery with numerous chapels. Several chapels survived: Boim Chapel (1609-1615) and Kampian Chapel (1619). Katedralnaya Square, 1.
Boim Chapel. The chapel located near the walls of the Latin church is one of the most remarkable architectural monuments of Lviv. The chapel was built in the early 17th century over the family vault of patricians Boim.
It was constructed in the Renaissance style with the transition to the Baroque. The dome is crowned by an unusual sculpture of a sitting Christ. Today, Boim Chapel is a department of local Art Gallery. Katedralnaya Square, 1. Opening hours: 11:00-17:00, day off - Monday.
Dominican church. One of the most significant Baroque monuments in Lviv. The cells of the monastery of Dominicans refer to the 16th century. In 1701, Russian Czar Peter I signed a military alliance between Russia and Poland against Sweden here. Up to the 18th century, the building of Dominican church was Gothic. In 1792-1798, it was reconstructed.
In Soviet times, the church was closed and the building was used as a museum of atheism.
Today, it is the Greek Catholic church of the Holy Eucharist. The collection of sacred art relics of the museum of religion history is exhibited in the basement. Concerts of organ music are being held on a regular basis. Museum Square, 1. Opening hours: 10:00-18:00, day off - Monday (concerts: Sunday, 15:00).
St. Yur cathedral. It is one of the most beautiful architectural ensembles, the pearl of the Ukrainian Baroque. The cathedral is the main shrine of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. The first church on St. Yur Hill was founded in the time of the Galicia-Volyn principality.
The present complex was built in 1744-1770. The oldest bell in Ukraine (1341) is placed in the bell tower. The Palace of the Metropolitans is located nearby.
In 2001, John Paul II stayed in the palace during his visit to Ukraine. Since 1998, the cathedral of St. Yur, along with an ensemble of the historic center, is included in UNESCO World Heritage List. St. Yur Square, 5.
The Armenian cathedral. In the Armenian block, between Armenian and L. Ukrainka streets, a cathedral, bell tower, palace of archbishops and convent are located. These buildings form a picturesque “Armenian courtyard”.
The construction was led by the Armenian architect Doring (Dorhi) by means of Armenian merchants. The oldest part of the cathedral is the eastern one (the 14th century). After the reconstruction of 1723, the building received its present Baroque appearance. Armenian Street, 7-13.
The Assumption (Volozhskaya) church. It is an outstanding monument of the Renaissance architecture. For a long time the church was wooden. The construction of a stone church began in the 15th century and lasted more than four decades.
Orthodox community of Lviv concentrated around it. The bell tower of the church (66 meters), built in 1572, is called the tower of Kornyakt after the Greek merchant and philanthropist protected the Orthodoxy in the city. Ruska Street, 7.
Bernardine monastery. In the 17th century, the monastery of Bernardine Order together with the church of St. Andrew was a separate fortification located outside the city limits. The church of St. Andrew was built in 1600-1630 in the Renaissance style.
Today, the monastery building belongs to the Central State Archives of Lviv. The church of St. Andrew was returned to the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. Sobornaya Square, 3-a.
Carmelite church. This Catholic church of the Order of Discalced Carmelites was first mentioned in 1634 and had a long history of building. As one of the defensive structures of Lviv, the church was repeatedly attacked. In 1991, it was re-consecrated as a church of Archangel Michael. Vinnichenko Street, 22.
Jesuit church. The church of St. Peter and St. Paul is one of the largest religious buildings of Lviv, the first striking example of the Baroque style in the city. The construction led by the Jesuit monk S. Lyanhius, the author of the original project, began in 1610. The Italian architect J. Briano finished it in 1618-1621. Teatralnaya Street, 11.
Benedictine monastery. The monastery has a distinct defensive form. The complex is surrounded by walls with Baroque gates of the 17th century. Today, it is the Holy Virgin Protection convent of the Sisters of Studion Charter. Vechevaya Street, 2.
St. Nicholas church. This church is the oldest monument of the monumental architecture in Lviv. It was first mentioned in 1292. The wall thickness also indicates on the defensive role of the building. B. Khmelnitsky Street, 28.
St. Olga and Elizabeth church. It is the highest church in Lviv (85 meters) built in the early 20th century with elements of French and North German Gothic architecture. During the Second World War, the church was damaged and closed. Since 1991, it belongs to the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church. Kropivnitsky Square, 1.
St. John the Baptist church. This ancient church is one of the few buildings that survived from the princely times. The church is located in the area of Old Market at the foot of the High Castle. The first written mention of it dates back to 1371.
In the 19th century, the building was reconstructed in pseudo-Romanesque style, but several fragments of the original architecture survived.
Today, it is the museum of the oldest monuments of Lviv. The exhibition tells about the culture, crafts and life at the time of the foundation of the city. Uzhhorod Street, 1. Opening hours: 11:00-18:00 (winter - 10:00-17:00), day off - Monday.
The Arsenal. This fortification was a part of Lviv defense system. The first arsenal was built at this place at the beginning of the 15th century. But, in 1554, it was demolished and a new two-storey building for manufacture and storage of weapons was constructed. In the 18th century, during the Austrian rule, the building was used as a prison.
In 1981, the museum “Arsenal” was opened here. The museum has one of the best collections of arms in Ukraine. The museum runs an antique shop. Podvalnaya Street, 5. Opening hours: 10:00-17:30, day off - Wednesday.
Shevchenko open-air museum. The Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Life is located on the wooded hills in the eastern part of Lviv, behind the High Castle. The area is divided into six ethnographic zones devoted to the life of various nationalities living in Western Ukraine: Boykovskaya, Lemkovskaya, Hutsulskaya, Bukovinskaya, Podolskaya, and Volynskaya.
More than 120 architectural monuments are presented: 6 churches, houses, a smithy, school, sawmill, water and wind mills. The oldest exhibit is a peasant hut (1749). Chernecha Mountain Street, 1. Opening hours: 10:00-18:00, day off - Monday.
The House of Kornyakt (Historical Museum). Kornyakt Palace is the pearl of the residential Renaissance architecture of the city. Italian courtyard with an exhibition of sculptures can be found inside.
The exhibition “Royal Chamber” displays the collection of jewelry, paintings, antique furniture and glassware. Cafe and antique shop are also open for visitors. Market Square, 6. Opening hours: 10:00-18:00, day off - Wednesday.
The Church of Poor Clares (Pinzel Museum). This modest church of the Franciscan Order of Poor Clares was built in 1607. The tower was completed during the restoration of 1938-1939. Austrian and later Polish authorities used the monastery as a warehouse and hospital.
In Soviet times, it was the part of Lviv Art Gallery. Today, the building houses the showroom of the outstanding sculptor I. Pinzel, called the “Ukrainian Michelangelo”. Mytnaya Street, 2. Opening hours: 11:00-18:00 (10:00-17:00 in winter), day off - Monday.
Lychakov Cemetery. This cemetery-museum looks like a landscape park. The cemetery was officially founded in 1784, although, it was there at least from the 16th century.
The territory of 40 hectares is divided into 86 fields with almost 3,5 thousand monuments and compositions made by famous sculptors and architects. I. Franko, S. Krushelnytska, M. Konopnitskaya and other well known people are buried here. In 1991, the cemetery received the status of the historical and memorial museum-reserve. Pekarskaya Street, 95.
Potocki Palace (the museum of European Art). The most luxurious palace of Lviv was created for Polish magnates Potocki. The style of the palace is similar to French chateaux of the Classical period. The interiors in the style of Louis XVI were preserved.
In Soviet times, the building was used as a Wedding Palace. Today, it is the museum of European Art. Paintings of the 14th-18th centuries from different European countries are presented here. The park of miniature castles is open in the courtyard of Potocki palace. Copernicus Street, 15. Opening hours: 10:00-16:50, day off - Monday.
The Pharmacy-Museum. The first pharmacy in Lviv was opened by the military pharmacist F. Natorp in 1735. Old interior of the sales hall, paintings on the ceiling made by Viennese masters, antique cash registers and scales are preserved.
In other rooms you can see various pharmaceutical devices, reconstructed house of the pharmacist, underground alchemical laboratory. The museum of the history of pharmacy was opened here in 1966. More than three thousand exhibits are presented. Drukarskaya Street, 2. Opening hours: 9:00-19:00 (Saturday, Sunday - 10:00-18:00).
Black Kamenitsa (the museum of the liberation movement). An impressive example of the residential Renaissance architecture, one of the sights of the city. “Black Kamenitsa” is a house built in the end of the 16th century. Initially, the building was not black, but because of the rain sandstone darkened with time.
Today, the house is specially painted in black. The museum located here has an exhibition devoted to the history of the liberation movement of Ukrainian people. Market Square, 4. Opening hours: 10:00-18:00, day off - Wednesday.
The Art Gallery. The gallery is the largest Art Museum in Ukraine (about 50 thousand exhibits). The exposition introduces the main areas of European art of the 19th-20th centuries. About 400 works of French, Austrian, German, Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian artists are presented in 24 halls.
The pearl of the collection is the only in Ukraine painting of Georges de La Tour “The moneylender”, one of the most expensive and valuable paintings of world importance in the country. Stefanik Street, 3. Opening hours: 11:00-18:00, day off - Monday.
The Beer Museum. The museum of brewery was opened on the territory of “Lviv Brewery” in 2005. It is considered the oldest brewery in Ukraine. The first written mention of Lviv beer dates back to 1384. The official opening date of “Lviv Brewery” is 1715.
The museum displays interesting collection of beer tuns and bottles, beer glasses, ads, technology book and other unique documents. Special exhibit is a legendary 10-liter beer glass of the brewery shareholder Robert Doms.
At the end of the tour, you can taste the best varieties of unpasteurized “Lviv” beer in the restaurant “Drinking house of Robert Doms” located in the former beer cellars. There is also a souvenir shop in the museum. Kleparovskaya Street, 18. Open: 10:30-18:00, Closed. – Tue
Lubomirski Palace (the museum of furniture and porcelain). This elegant Renaissance building was built for Count Sapieha, but later it was rebuilt for Lubomirski family. Today, it is a museum of antique European furniture and porcelain (680 exhibits). Market Square, 10. Opening hours: 10:00-18:00, day off - Monday.
The National Museum. The National Museum named after A. Sheptytsky was founded by the Metropolitan Sheptytsky as the “Church Museum” in 1905. Works of Ukrainian medieval sacred art (icons), graphics, sculpture and folk art are presented. Liberty Avenue, 20. Opening hours: 10:00 -18:00, day off - Monday.
The Ethnographic Museum. The museum of Ethnography and Crafts occupies a renaissance building in the main street of Lviv. At the base of the dome, a group of sculptures representing economic prosperity of Galicia is placed. It is known as the world’s only seated statue of Liberty.
The exhibition of the museum includes a rich collection of pottery, porcelain, earthenware, and products of art glass. The collection of clocks of the 16th-20th centuries has about 350 exhibits. Liberty Avenue, 15. Opening hours: 11:00-17:00, day off - Monday.
Arena Lviv stadium. The stadium was opened in preparation for the European Football Championship Euro 2012. It is one of the newest stadiums in Europe built according to all the requirements of the UEFA. The capacity of the stadium is about 35,000. Stryiska Street.
The Royal Arsenal. This arsenal was built in the Baroque style by an order of Polish king Wladyslaw IV. As a strategically important city, Lviv had two arsenals. Since 1939, the building is occupied by Regional State Archives.
In front of the building, the monument to the printing pioneer Ivan Fedorov is installed. Second-hand books market is located nearby. It is a very popular place among foreign tourists. People selling old books and antiques gather here. Podvalnaya Street, 13.
Liberty (Svobody) Avenue. It is the central street of Lviv. The street appeared in place of the lower wall of the town in the 18th century. The prospect with an alley in the middle starts from the Opera House. The monument to Taras Shevchenko and sculptures dedicated to the works of the poet are placed in the center of the avenue.
The avenue ends with Mickiewicz Square. The figure of Our Lady is placed in the middle of the square. The monument to the Polish poet Adam Mickiewicz appeared on the square in 1905. The historic building of the hotel “George” is also located on the square.
Miniature Fortresses Park. In the park, you can find miniature (1:50 scale) copies of ancient castles, fortresses, and fortified churches once located on the territory of the former Kievan Rus and Poland.
The park is located in the Palace of Potocki at Copernicus Street, 15. Admission is free. Opening hours: Tuesday - Saturday from 11:00 to 17:00, Sunday from 12:00 to 16:00, day off - Monday.
The University. Lviv National University named after I. Franko is one of the leading universities of Ukraine, one of the oldest universities in Europe. It was founded by order of the Polish king Yan Casimir in 1661. The main building of the university was built in 1877-1881. There is a museum of history of the university. Universitetskaya Street, 1.
The Powder Tower. The tower is a fully preserved fragment of Lviv defense system; one of the 17 towers that were the part of the city’s fortifications. The tower is a monument of the military-defense architecture of the Renaissance.
The Powder Tower was located behind the second line of fortifications, and was used to protect the approaches to the city from the east and to store gunpowder and ammunition. In time of peace, the tower was used as a granary. The wall thickness is about 2.5 meters. Podvalnaya Street, 4.
Stryi Park. It is one of the oldest and most beautiful parks in Lviv, a monument of landscape art of national importance. Before the Second World War, it was one of the most beautiful parks in Poland.
The park was founded on the site of the cemetery in 1879. Today, it occupies an area of 56 hectares. Children’s Railway is located here. The park also has a decorative pond and picturesque alleys. The entrance to the park is free. Stryiskaya Street, 15.
“Beach” Water Park. It is one of the largest indoor water recreation complexes in Ukraine. On an area of 14 thousand square meters, you can find a 50-meter pool, entertainment area with nine water slides of varying lengths and difficulty levels, children’s area with a small pool and small slide.
The recreation area also has a Turkish bath, Jacuzzi and two bars. The complex also offers a solarium, fitness center, bistro, internet cafe. Princess Olga Street, 114. Opening hours: 7:00-22:00 (slides from 10:00 am, Monday - 14:00).
The synagogue “The House of Aaron in Israel”. This synagogue is located near the railway station. The building was constructed in 1897. In 1923-1925, it was rebuilt to house a synagogue.
During the Second World War, the building was not damaged - it was a warehouse. Worship services were resumed in 1989. Restoration works were carried out in 2007. Mikhnovsky Brothers Street, 4.
The monastery of St. Mary Magdalene. The church of St. Mary Magdalene was founded by Dominican monks in place of the old wooden church outside the walls of the city in 1600. Dominican monastery and seminary were opened after a while. Various elements of the Baroque and Renaissance are combined in the architecture of the buildings.
The church has the largest organ in Ukraine. It was made by Czech company Rieger-Kloss in 1932. Since Soviet times, the church is used as the House of Organ and Chamber Music. Bandera Street, 10.
According to some reviews of Lviv visitors, the following reasonably priced hotels offer quite good level of service.
Hotel “Reikartz Medievale”. This hotel of “Reikartz Hotels and Resorts” is located near the heart of the historic Lviv - Rynok (Market) Square.
23 rooms are made in the European style, Wi-Fi. It is not allowed to smoke in the hotel. Additional services: excursions, car rental, transfer. Drukarska Street, 9. Phone: +38 032 242 51 33.
Hotel “Citadel Inn”. This hotel is located near the center of the city. It was opened in 2009 on the basis of a unique fortification of the 19th century preserved till our days almost without change. The hotel has a spa-center: Finnish sauna, gym and beauty salon.
26 comfortable rooms. There are rooms for people with disabilities. Panoramic restaurant “Garmata” can be found in the penthouse of the hotel (European and Ukrainian cuisine).
The price includes breakfast, parking, spa-center services (sauna, gym), Wi-Fi. Additional services: translation services, tours, ATM, transfer, parking. Grabovskiy Street, 11. Phone: +380 32 295 7777.
Hotel “Eurohotel”. Completely renovated in 2007, this hotel is situated in the old part of the city, a 15-minute walk from the center.
90 rooms are decorated in pastel colors, Wi-Fi. Restaurant (three halls, European and Ukrainian cuisine). Additional services include a meeting room, translation services, ATM, currency exchange, transfer, parking. Tershakovtsiv Street, 6A. Phones: +38 032 242 40 02 (reception), +38 032 275 72 14 (reservation).
Hotel “Dnister Premier Hotel”. The hotel is located in the historic center of Lviv near the old park. The hotel offers a panorama of the old city. 3 conference rooms with all necessary equipment, 2 meeting rooms, business center. Its recreation complex includes a sauna and Thai massage.
165 comfortable rooms with air conditioning, Wi-Fi were completely renovated in 2011. There is a restaurant “Dnister” on the second floor with an outdoor terrace offering views of the old park.
Additional services: billiards, sauna, beauty salon, solarium, conference room, ATM, city tours, bicycle rental, car rental, transfer, parking. Mateyka Street, 6. Phones: +38 032 297 43 05, +38 032 297 43 06 (reception), +38 032 297 43 17, +38 032 297 43 26 (reservation).
Hotel “George”. It is an elegant architectural monument of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. One of the most historic hotels in Ukraine and Europe.
87 rooms of different categories, Wi-Fi. Restaurant “George” (Ukrainian and European cuisine). Additional services include a meeting room, translation services, excursions, ATM. Mickiewicz Square, 1. Phones: +38 032 232 62 36, +38 032 232 62 32.
Hotel “Opera”. This hotel is located in the heart of the city opposite the Opera house in a historic building (1875).
51 comfortable rooms with all facilities for business and leisure, free Wi-Fi. The suites are devoted to opera stars.
Two restaurants. From the windows and terraces, you can see the panorama of Lviv. Additional services include a gym, translation services, tours, transfer, parking. Svobody Avenue, 45. Phones: +38 050 431 95 99, +38 032 225 90 00.
Hotel “Wien”. It is located in the historic and cultural center of the city. The hotel occupies the 2nd and 3rd floors above the famous restaurant with 180 years of history “Vienna coffee house”.
20 modern comfortable single and double rooms of different categories, Wi-Fi. Additional services include billiards, excursions, transfer, ATM, car rental. Svobody Avenue, 12. Phones: +38 032 244 43 14, +38 032 244 43 15, +38 097 244 43 14.
Hotel “Edem”. The hotel is located in the central part of Lviv, in the vicinity of the main Greek Catholic ?hurch in Ukraine - the Cathedral of St. George.
20 cozy and comfortable rooms of different categories, Wi-Fi. It is not allowed to smoke in the rooms and other areas of the hotel. There is a restaurant (European and Ukrainian cuisine) on the first floor. Horodotska Street, 95 A, Syechyenova Street, 6 (another entrance). Phones: +38 032 240 31 05, +38 050 071 82 28.
Mini-hotel “Irena”. It is located in a quiet historic area of the city in a house with a hundred years of history.
27 rooms, Wi-Fi. Cafe-bar “Irene” (Ukrainian and European cuisine). Storozhenko Street, 21. Phones: +380 32 239 58 94, +380 32 239 51 74, +380 67 670 19 80.
Hotel “Chopin”. The hotel is located in the central part of Lviv near the Lviv regional philharmonic society, next to the Palace of Potocki and the Lviv Art Gallery.
16 comfortable rooms of different categories, Wi-Fi. There is a restaurant serving Polish and European cuisine with a summer terrace. Additional services include a conference room, meeting room, translation services, tours, car rental, parking. Malanyuka Square, 7. Phones: +38 032 261 10 20, +38 097 222 73 30.