This beautiful church built in the neo-Gothic style is located in Lviv, on Kropivnitsky Square. According to legend, originally, it was named in honor of the Empress Elizabeth Habsburg, the wife of the Emperor of Austria-Hungary Franz Joseph I.
Since 1991, the church is owned by the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church and is called the Church of Sts. Olha and Elizabeth. The photos were taken by neo7777vitaha.
Less than one week remains before the end of the calendar winter. Let’s look at winter views of one of the most famous Ukrainian cities – Odessa.
In winter time, the city is often shrouded in thick fog creating mystical scenery. Snow falls rarely, this winter it happened only once, just before the New Year. The photos were taken by k-kalinina.
Tags: Odessa city
This excellent video was shot in Kyiv last summer. You can get a bird’s eye view of the main local sights.
Tags: Kiev city
The wooden church of St. Nicholas in Sasiv village (Zolochevsky district of Lviv region) was built in 1731. Although, according to some sources, it was founded in the 15th century. The church interior is decorated with a beautiful seven-tier iconostasis of the 17th century.
The domes of the church, placed close to each other, are its true ornament. The last restoration of St. Nicholas Church, the monument of architecture of Ukraine, was made in 2008.
Khortytsia is the largest island on the Dnieper River, located in Zaporozhye city. It is a unique natural and historical complex. The island stretches from northwest to southeast, the length is 12.5 km, the width – 2.5 km on the average.
In 2007, Khortytsia was named one of the “Seven Wonders of Ukraine”. Khortytsia is the third most popular tourist destination in Ukraine (more than 200 thousand people per year). Khortytsia on Google Maps. The photos were taken by Denis Belitsky.
Tags: Zaporozhye city
Some fortifications on this place probably existed even in the times of Kievan Rus’. But the stone castle was built by Lithuanian princes Koriatovichi. The photos were taken by Alexandr Shvab.
Tags: Kamenets Podolskiy city
Tauric Chersonese or simply Chersonese is a city founded by the ancient Greeks located in the south-west coast of Crimea. For two thousand years, it was a major political, economic and cultural center of the northern Black Sea area.
Today, you can see the remains of Chersonese in the Gagarin district of Sevastopol, it is a historical and archaeological reserve. In 2013, Chersonese was included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The photos were taken by Yuri Yuhanson.
This village was the center of the Old Believers in Bukovina. The Cathedral of the Assumption of the Old Believers, built in 1900-1908 by the means of Moscow merchant Gleb Ovsyannikov in honor of his son Alexander, is the main attraction of this place.
The Ukrainian Carpathians never cease to amaze us with a variety of landscapes. Just look at this beauty – a frosty morning in dairy colors and a beautiful sunset in the colors of caramel.
Ai-Petri is a mountain of 1,234 meters height located in the Yalta region of Crimea. The name “Ai-Petri” is of Greek origin and means “Saint Peter”.
It is the place with the maximum number of foggy days in Crimea (215 days in 1970). The photo was taken by Denis Belitsky.