Kiev - Euro 2012 city
Kiev stadium “Olympic” overview
National sports complex “Olimpiyskiy” (“Olympic”) is a multipurpose sports facility in Kiev, Ukraine. The stadium is the main sports arena in Ukraine and one of the largest stadiums in Europe. The stadium is located in the center of the city, on the slopes of Cherepanovaya Mount.
In preparation for the European Football Championship Euro 2012 the complex was reconstructed. The capacity of the stadium was decreased from 83,450 seats to 70,050 seats (64,119 standard seats, 3,546 business seats, 150 seats for disabled people, 738 VIP seats and 1,497 media seats).
Address: Kiev, Krasnoarmeyskaya Str., 55 (Pechersky District).
How to get to “Olympic” stadium
The nearest subway stations are “Olympic” and “Palace of Sports”.
Bus #69, trolleys #3, #40, mini buses #171, #411, #427.
You can certainly get there by your own car but be prepared that it will not be easy to find free parking spot close to the stadium because the number of them is very limited.
“Olympic” will ensure comfortable access to the stadium for people with disabilities. There are 150 special seats provided with beautiful views of the field.
105 of them are placed on the first floor of the East Stand, 25 - in the front row next to the field and another 20 seats - in the VIP-zone. Opposite the stadium, under the Troitskaya (Trinity) Square there is special parking for 150 parking spaces.
Olympic stadium views
Olympic stadium inner view
“Olympic” stadium in numbers
- 70,050 seats - total capacity of the arena;
- 64,119 standard seats;
- 3,546 business seats;
- 150 seats for people with disabilities;
- 738 VIP seats in 39 sky boxes;
- 1,497 seats for press;
- 145,741 square meters - the total area of sports complex;
- 49.5 meters - the height of the stadium from field level to the highest point;
- 7140 square meters - the area of football field;
- 105 x 68 meters - the size of football field;
- 100% of the stands are covered by membrane roof;
- Two electronic scoreboards are the largest in Ukraine;
- 103.36 square meters - the area of each scoreboard;
- 2400 lux - the lighting level of the stadium;
- 5,825 trees were planted in the park area;
- 3 km from the main railway station of Kiev;
- 29 km from Borispol international airport;
- 7 km from Zhulyany international airport.
Panorama of “Olympic” stadium in Kiev by Google
Photos by Oleg Stelmakh
Kiev Euro 2012 matches
Group stage matches
June 11, 21:45. Ukraine - Sweden (2:1)
June 15, 21:45. Sweden - England (2:3)
June 19, 21:45. Sweden - France (2:0)
June 24, 21:45. England - Italy (0:0, 2:4 on penalty)
July 1, 21:45. Spain - Italy (4:0)