CAT | Photos
The architecture of Lviv, almost not affected during the wars of the 20th century, reflects many European styles of different historical epochs.
After fires in 1527 and 1556, there are almost no traces of Gothic Lviv, but later epochs (Renaissance, Baroque, and Classicism) are well presented.
The historic center of Lviv with architectural monuments of the 14th-17th centuries is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Photos by anderver
Tags: Lviv city
Djur-Djur (meaning “water-water” on Armenian language) is the most full-flowing waterfall in the Crimea located in Alushta region near Generalskoye village at an altitude of 468 meters above sea level.
This waterfall doesn’t dry out even in the dry season. Photo by Ilya Melikhov
Tags: Crimea Republic
Tags: Kamenets Podolskiy city
Let’s say goodbye to winter! On hot days of the coming summer we will really miss the invigorating freshness of frosty winter days.
Forged Figures Park is a park in Donetsk with forged sculptures. The park was opened in August 2001. The international festival of blacksmith art held annually in Donetsk has the same name.
Traditionally, all forged figures made during the festival remain in the park as a gift to the city. The park has about 220 compositions of metal art. It is located in the Voroshilov district of Donetsk, in the park near the city executive committee. Photos by neo7777vitaha
Tags: Donetsk city
Chersonese lighthouse is located at the entrance to Sevastopol bay, in its southwestern part, at Cape Chersonese. The lighthouse was built in 1816 and throughout its long life played an important role in the history of the Black Sea Fleet.
During the Second World War, the lighthouse tower was destroyed, but it was rebuilt in 1950-1951. Up to this day, it provides safe navigation on the sea way to Sevastopol. Photos by Sergey Anashkevitch
Despite numerous political events in recent months, the work on the construction of project “New Safe Confinement” at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in abandoned Pripyat city continues. This project is also known as “The Arch”.
March 31, 2014, the process of moving of the eastern part of “New Safe Confinement” began. The weight of this arched structure is 12600 tons. Photos by Chernobyl NPP
Tags: Pripyat city