CAT | Photos
Kasperivtsi is a village with a population of about 1,000 people located in Zalishchyky district of the Ternopil region.
The main attraction of the village is an Orthodox church of St. George built in the middle of the 17th century. It is a rare example of religious-defensive architecture. Kasperivtsi on Google Maps. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
In 2009, Khmelnytskyi city council decided to create a museum studio of photography and, in September 2010, the museum was opened. This is the first and only such exhibition in Ukraine.
The museum presents a large number of different models of cameras, lenses, other rare photographic equipment, which have been collected by Konstantin Zhdanov, the director of the museum. In total, there are about 1,500 exhibits.
A significant part of the current city center was formed in the late 19th – first half of 20th century, in the period of economic growth associated with the oil boom. Photos by: demarcos.
The bell tower of the Catholic church of St. Bartholomew (1551).
Tags: Drohobych city
Sapohiv is a small village with a population of about 800 people located in the central part of Borshchiv district in the Ternopil region. For the first time the village was mentioned in 1564.
The main attraction of Sapohiv is a beautiful wooden church named after St. Nicholas. This masterpiece of Podolia folk wooden architecture was built on a hill overlooking the village in 1777. Sapohiv on Google Maps. Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
The Department of Public Utilities of Kharkiv created an interesting winter attraction in Shevchenko Garden – an ice fountain.
Shevchenko Garden is a park located in the center of Kharkiv, between Sumska and Klochkivska streets, Svobody Square and Rymarska Street. Photos by: gatta_bianka.
Tags: Kharkov city
Podil is a historic neighborhood of Kyiv, part of the Podilskyi district. This low-lying part of the city is an ancient district of artisans and merchants.
The neighborhood extends along the right bank of the Dnieper River and Kyiv harbor, between the pedestrian bridge across the Dnieper and Zavodska Street. Photos by: Igor Golovach.
Tags: Kiev city
St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery is one of the oldest monasteries in Kyiv.
The monastery includes the Cathedral of the Archangel Michael in the Ukrainian Baroque style (demolished in the 1930s and rebuilt in 1997-1998), the refectory with the Church of St. John the Divine (1713) and the bell tower (1716-1719). Photos by: Maxim Ritus.
The Museum of Folk Architecture and Life in Pyrohiv is an architectural and landscape complex of historical and ethnographic regions of Ukraine.
Tags: Kiev city
Svyatohirsk is a small town with a population of about 4.5 thousand people located on the Seversky Donets River, in the north of the Donetsk region. Despite its modest size, this town has several very interesting and famous sights. Photos by: Andrei Kireev.
First, we should mention the Holy Mountains Lavra – an Orthodox monastery standing on the white chalk cliffs on the right bank of the Seversky Donets.
Tags: Donetsk oblast
St. Andrew’s Church, located on St. Andrew’s Hill in Kyiv, is an Orthodox church named after Andrew the Apostle and built in the Baroque style by the architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754.
The church stands on the steep right bank of the Dnieper River, overlooking the historical part of Kyiv – Podil. St. Andrew’s Descent that goes down from the church connects the upper and the lower parts of the city. This is one of the most interesting and picturesque places in Kyiv. Photos by: Aleksey Novik.