Our expert answers your questions about Ukraine

Ask your question:

Your name:

Your email (optional):

What would you like to ask:

Most recent or choose the topic: Addresses, Adoption, Agriculture, Airports, Apartments, Archives, Banks, Buses, Business, Cars, Chernobyl, Citizenship, Climate, Costs, Customs, Distances, Driving, Ecology, Economy, Education, Embassy, English, Entertainment, Flights, Food, General, Health, History, Holidays, Hospitals, Hotels, Immigration, Language, Languages, Locations, Mail, Maps, Marriage, Medicine, Misc, Money, Passport, People, Places, Politics, Post, Relatives, Religion, Restaurants, Safety, Society, Souvenirs, Study, Taxi, Tickets, Time, Tourism, Trains, Translations, Transport, Travel, Visa, Visas, Wage, Weddings, Work

Questions and answers:

Amira asks: Hey! I have a question regarding citizenship in Ukraine. What are the laws and regulations there? If my parents are from Afghanistan and got citizenship in Ukraine and we children also, does that mean that my parents have refused their citizenship in Afghanistan? Or are they still citizens of Afghanistan and Ukraine?
Expert's answer:
Ukraine doesn't recognize dual citizenship. So when applying for Ukrainian citizenship, you pledge to terminate your other citizenship. In general it is not an easy task to become a citizen of Ukraine and will take years (the main requirements).
Nick asks: I intend going to study in Ukraine. Will I be granted visa because the agents in Nigeria are saying that I must pay a fee of 1500$ for consular fee before I could get visa. How true is this?
Expert's answer:
It is not true. Check the following official sources about studying in Ukraine and the embassy of Ukraine to Nigeria. Contact them directly to get more details.
Farahmand Sabeti asks: Hi I would like travel from Kyiv to Vinnytsia by getting a full private cabin. How much does it costs?
Expert's answer:
You can book an entire cabin. It will cost you about 50-60 USD.
SG asks: I am going to Ukraine to study at university. I have a passport from India at the moment. I will be applying for a British passport soon. If I get a student visa on my Indian passport, can I later change my passport for the visa to British? Will I need to apply for a new visa?
Expert's answer:
You will need to get a new visa.
Steve asks: Is the city of Pripyat habitable or suitable for visiting now? If not how long will it take for things to become normal?
Expert's answer:
Today, Pripyat is a popular tourist destination, so a short-term stay (several hours) in this area is quite safe, if you take some precautions. Permanent residence in the zone is not yet possible and it will take hundreds of years for this to become a reality.
Maria asks: I am an American citizen. I will be in Ukraine during summer and wonder if I would be able to renew my Ukrainian international passport that expired in 2009 without problem? Thank you!
Expert's answer:
If you have not renounced the citizenship of Ukraine, then you most likely remain its citizen (voluntary acceptance of the citizenship of another country can lead to the termination of Ukrainian citizenship, but in practice this does not work well). So you have the right to obtain a Ukrainian international passport. You'd better also contact the Ukrainian embassy in the US, they usually provide this service (takes a couple of months).
George asks: Is Ukrainian passport offices open? Or they are closed due to quarantine?
Expert's answer:
The lockdown in Ukraine ended on January 25, 2021, so there shouldn't be any problems with the work of the passport offices.
Jeff asks: My friend lives in Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine and needs to apply for a Ukrainian International Passport to visit me in the US. How is this done, and what is the cost?
Expert's answer:
It's not difficult, a citizen of Ukraine just needs to come to the local passport office, fill out an application, pay the fee, and wait a couple of weeks. The price of an international bio-metric passport in Ukraine is about 20-40 USD and it takes 7-20 working days to get it. Before you are sure that this person is real (regularly talk via Skype, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. with a webcam turned on), you should not send any help.
AL asks: Ukraine refused my visa and I am married to Ukrainian. I am a Nigerian. What should I do? We need to visit y wife's family.
Expert's answer:
As the spouse of a Ukrainian citizen, you have the right to get a Ukrainian visa. You should have an official refusal about the grounds for it. You have the right to appeal this decision, if you think that all your documents are correct or you can correct the mistakes and apply again. Some official info about visa refusal.
Nick asks: How much a student would spend per month living in Kyiv? Please, tell in USD.
Expert's answer:
According to a very rough estimate, the cost of living in Kyiv for a student is about 4-5 thousand hryvnia (about 200 USD) per month, provided that you live in a dorm and cook yourself.

The comments of our visitors

J Gilyanna
Your Site

I have been visiting your site for almost 2 years. Your accurate, proper and direct information given to the people that ask questions is amazing. I myself have asked questions and received very useful information from you.

I have also recommended your site to my friends that are becoming interested in knowing about Ukraine. I would like you to know that we appreciate your candid help. Sincerely, Joseph

Sponsored Links: